A veterinary health certificate is required and must be issued by a licensed veterinarian within 10 days prior to departure. It must include the following:
- ISO microchip
- Number of your pet
- Your pet’s details, breed, color, and date of birth
- Treatment for internal parasites of your pet (if applicable)
- Rabies blood test results (if applicable)
- Veterinary authorization
- Detailed explanation of your pet’s rabies vaccination
- Vaccine manufacturer and name
- Date of administration
- Expiration date
If you are exporting your pet from Hong Kong, you may present an official health certificate or a government veterinary health certificate issued by a registered veterinarian.
- Applicants must submit their application for animal health certificate to the department using the prescribed PDF e-Form for animal health certificates, which can be obtained free of charge by downloading the animal health certificate template at the following address. (Please note that you will need Adobe(R) Acrobat(R) Reader to view animal health certificate pdf files; you can download Adobe(R) Acrobat(R) Reader at http://www.adobe.com.)
- Upon submission of the completed application form, all relevant fees should be paid in accordance with the prices listed in the fee schedule.
- For applications requiring additional endorsement on the health certificate, please provide the duly completed pet health certificate (generally issued within 10 days prior to departure or as agreed upon by the destination country/region), vaccination certificates, or other relevant documents.
- The issuance of official pet health certificate for travel is only applicable to certain animals or countries/regions (referring to countries/regions that require official veterinary inspection of animals upon entry). Prior to issuing an official health certificate for cat and health certificate for dogs, the animals in question must undergo inspection by personnel appointed by the department.
- For applications regarding the issuance of official vet health certificate, applicants must make an appointment with the department at least ten working days before the expected examination of the animal.
If you are interested in using our services, you can fill out our quotation request form, providing us with relevant information about your pet’s travel, to assist in arranging your personal pet relocation plan. If you have any further inquiries or concerns, you can send us your information (Contact Us) or directly reach our professional consultant via WhatsApp at +852 6358 3131.