With the booming economic development in mainland China, many Hong Kong residents plan to develop their careers there. If you are a pet owner and want to move to mainland China with your furry friend, it is essential to comply with China pet immigration regulations. However, handling pet relocation to China is not a simple task and can consume a significant amount of time and effort. It requires pet owners to go through various domestic pet transport procedures, which can be daunting and even jeopardize the safety of the pet. That’s where a professional pet relocation company can help you.
PET TRAVEL provides the latest regulations on pet immigration to China and a detailed guide on how to relocate your pets to China. Planning ahead and seeking the help of a professional pet transport service can ensure a smoother and safer journey for you and your furry friend.
China Pet Immigration: Requirements for Bringing Pets into Mainland China
Limitation for Pet Import to China:
- Only dogs and cats are allowed to be brought into Mainland China as pets.
- Each person is allowed to bring only one pet into Mainland China.
- Pets must have a valid animal quarantine certificate issued by the official veterinary authority of the exporting country or region, proof of vaccination records, and identification via microchip or other effective means.
Certificate requirement for Pet Transport to China:
- Pets coming from Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan, which are not considered rabies-infected areas, require a valid animal quarantine certificate, proof of vaccination records, and identification via microchip or other effective means. Upon passing the on-site quarantine inspection, the pets will be allowed to enter China.
- Before taking pets to China, the animal must undergo an animal health clinical examination within seven days prior to arrival to ensure that it is not infected with any relevant animal infectious diseases or parasitic diseases, including rabies.
- Pet travel China from Hong Kong without official quarantine certificates or vaccination records will be returned or destroyed within a specified period. Pets without microchips will be quarantined for 30 days.
- If the pet does not require quarantine inspection, it can be brought into China via any port of entry. However, pets that require quarantine inspection can only be brought into China through ports with quarantine inspection facilities.
- On-site quarantine inspection by Chinese customs for pets coming from designated countries or regions includes verifying the official animal quarantine certificate, microchip, and on-site clinical examination.
- Pets showing symptoms of animal infectious diseases or parasitic diseases during the on-site clinical examination will be quarantined.
Pet Travel to China requires complying with the above regulations to ensure smooth pet import to Mainland China.
Requirements for Bringing Pets from Hong Kong to Mainland China
- Vaccination and Vaccination Record
- Pet health certificate China
- Other treatments
- Dog license (For dogs only)
- AFCD endorsement for health certificate
Important reminders for China pet immigratio
To bring pet to China, notify PET TRAVEL’s pet migration experts at least 1.5-3 months before departure to arrange for domestic pet transportation procedures and reserve a pet flight. Note that only direct flights with cargo hold facilities are available for pet transportation.
Pets cannot enter China by high-speed rail, except for guide dogs. Only one pet per person is allowed to enter mainland China, and a companion is required.
Before returning to mainland China with a pet, take the pet to a veterinary clinic for a health checkup and obtain a health certificate. Bring these documents to the Fisheries and Conservation Department for endorsement.
If the pet passes the on-site quarantine and meets the requirements for exemption from quarantine, it can be released directly. Otherwise, it may need to be quarantined for 30 days.
PET TRAVEL·Reliable Pet Immigration Expert
The process of immigrating a pet to mainland China can be complicated and time-consuming. If you are not familiar with the procedures, it can be a daunting task to handle it yourself. PET TRAVEL is a professional pet migration company that can help you bring your pet back to mainland China with ease.
PET TRAVEL’s experts can save you time and effort if you want to bring your pet to mainland China. With years of experience in pet immigration services, PET TRAVEL has earned a good reputation for its excellent customer service. Once you choose PET TRAVEL, we will arrange for one-on-one service and handle pet transportation, export and import procedures, flight reservations, and destination customs clearance in the shortest possible time, eliminating the need for complicated intermediate processes.
PET TRAVEL’s team is composed of professional veterinarians, import and export experts, pet transportation experts, and a design team. We tailor a personalized pet transport plan according to each customer’s different needs. You can trust us to take care of your beloved pet.
PET TRAVEL states the importing cost clearly with no hidden fees, ensuring that you receive the most stress-free service at the lowest possible cost. Our aim is to make your pet’s journey comfortable and safe.
If you want to bring your pet back to mainland China, please feel free to contact us. Whether you need information about the cost of bringing pets into China from Hong Kong or want to discuss methods for bringing pets across the border, we are happy to provide professional advice and thoughtful service.
We kindly advise our clients to provide us with a notice of at least 3-4 weeks prior to departure for our pet immigration services. Some countries, such as Australia, Singapore, and Taiwan, require a few months of advance notice due to their quarantine policies. This allows us sufficient time to prepare the necessary import and export documents, as well as to make necessary arrangements with airlines and customs officials.
Hong Kong and China do not issue pet passports. Pet passports are only applicable for cats and dogs originating from the US, UK, and EU countries, allowing them to travel within the EU. Other requirements may apply for certain countries/regions.
For Hong Kong and China, we will have pet health certificates instead of pet passports for import and export purposes. The pet health certificate should be filled and signed by an official or authorized veterinarian and then endorsed by the governing authority. The certificate is valid for a few days from the date of issue by the official veterinarian until the day the traveler enters the destination port for document and identity checks. The health certificate should include the pet’s name, microchip number, identification, and vaccination records. For more information, please consult our professional team.
In addition to vaccination preparation and export documents, your pet may also require an import permit to enter specific countries/regions. Some countries require pet immigration companies to prepare these import documents. If you require this service, you can contact our professional team.
The airline will require the original pet health certificate issued by a veterinarian, vaccination records for your pet, a statement letter from the live animal shipper, and an air waybill for the cargo. When importing or exporting pets in Hong Kong, an airline certificate may also be required. At Pet Travel, we can assist you in preparing all of these documents and contacting the airline and relevant immigration departments prior to your and your pet’s travel.
Certainly, it is possible to relocate your pet on your own in order to save money, however, many people make mistakes when doing so. If you are moving to another country and are not familiar with their pet import policies, you will ultimately suffer for it. While you can do it yourself, if you make a mistake, your animal will suffer. You will end up paying more fees than you could have imagined.
By using our pet relocation service, you can save a great deal of time, stress, and headaches. We handle all of the paperwork so you don’t have to. Pet relocation has been our area of expertise for many years, and we understand every aspect of pet relocation better than anyone. We treat every movement as if it were our own pet, welcoming every challenge with a smile. If you are interested, please contact us or WhatsApp us at +852 6358 3131 to speak with one of our professional consultants to help you with pet import to China.