What should I do to Import dog to China
PET TRAVEL can help make it easy for you to bring dog to China from Hong Kong, despite the strict entry regulations and quarantine requirements that can be overwhelming. We offer personalized transportation plans for your beloved pet, making the process stress-free.
Below, you will find detailed information and a comprehensive guide from PET TRAVEL on the latest regulations and procedures for importing dogs to China. Whether you are bringing dog to China for the first time or are a frequent traveler, we are here to help you navigate the process and ensure a smooth journey. So, if you need to bring your dog to China, PET TRAVEL is your reliable partner.
Regulations for taking dog to China
Types and quantities of pets allowed to be carried:
- Types: Only dogs and cats are allowed to enter China as pets;
- Quantities: Each person can only bring one pet to immigrate to China at a time.
- A valid animal quarantine certificate issued by the official authorities of the exporting country or region.
- Records of vaccination.
China dog import requirements for pets from designated countries or regions:
- Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan are non-rabies epidemic areas (designated areas). Dogs from these areas that are transported to mainland China must provide an official quarantine certificate and vaccination record, and have a valid microchip implanted. After passing on-site quarantine inspection, they will be released.
- Before start to import dog to China, it must undergo an animal health clinical examination within 7 days before arrival to ensure that it is free of infectious diseases, including rabies and other related animal diseases and parasitic diseases.
- Dog travel to China without official quarantine certificates or vaccination records will be either returned or destroyed within a specified period. Dogs that have not been implanted with a microchip will be quarantined and inspected for 30 days.
- For dog immigration to China, if they do not require quarantine, they can pass through any port of entry with their owner. However, if quarantine is required, they can only be carried into China through a port of entry that meets the quarantine conditions.
- Chinese customs mainly verify the official dog quarantine China certificate, microchip, and on-site clinical examination for pets brought in or from designated countries or regions.
- Dog import China guidelines indicate that dogs showing symptoms of animal diseases or parasitic diseases during the on-site clinical examination should be isolated and quarantined.
Requirements for Bringing Pets from Hong Kong to Mainland China
- Vaccination and Vaccination Record
- Pet health certificate China
- Other treatments
- AFCD endorsement for health certificate
For dog immigration to China must comply with regulations such as receiving the required vaccinations and providing the necessary entry and exit documents. Otherwise, the dog may be quarantined for up to 30 days or even denied entry. If bringing a dog from Hong Kong to mainland China, it is important to make preparations in advance to ensure a smooth immigration process.
Things to note with dog immigration to China:
Travel to China with dog, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, you need to notify a pet travel expert at least 1.5-3 months before your departure to arrange for your dog’s travel documents and book a pet-friendly flight. Note that direct domestic flights for pets only allow dogs to be transported in the cargo hold, not in the cabin or as special luggage.
Unfortunately, dogs cannot be transported into China by high-speed rail, except for guide dogs. Each person is allowed to bring only one pet into mainland China at a time, and they must be accompanied by a human.
Before bringing your dog to China, you will need to take them to a veterinarian for a pre-flight checkup and obtain a health certificate, as well as arrange for any necessary treatments. You will also need to take these documents to the local authorities for endorsement.
On the day of your departure, you will need to hand your dog over to the airline and complete the domestic dog travel procedures. If your dog passes the on-site quarantine inspection and meets the requirements for exemption from isolation, they will be released immediately and allowed to enter the country with you. However, if any of the required documents are missing, your dog may need to undergo quarantine inspection for 30 days.
PET TRAVEL is a professional service that handles pet immigration procedures.
Travel to China with dog can be a complicated process. If you’re short on time or find it overwhelming, the professional pet immigration company PET TRAVEL can help you bring your dog back to China smoothly. With years of experience and excellent customer reviews, PET TRAVEL specializes in pet immigration services. Once you choose PET TRAVEL, we’ll arrange for one-on-one service with a dedicated professional to complete all the necessary procedures, including dog transport, export and import procedures, flight booking, and destination clearance in the shortest possible time, and the safest way to bring your dog to China.
PET TRAVEL’s team is composed of professional veterinarians, import-export experts, dog transport specialists, and a design team with a passion for animals. We tailor exclusive pet transport plans based on each customer’s unique needs. You can trust us with your beloved pet.
PET TRAVEL will clearly outline the cost of bringing your dog into China, with no hidden charges, to provide you with the most worry-free service at the lowest possible cost. Our goal is to make sure that your pet travels comfortably and safely.
Want to bring your dog back to China? Please feel free to contact us. PET TRAVEL is ready to provide you with professional advice and attentive service.
For our pet immigration services, we recommend that you notify us at least 3-4 weeks in advance of your departure. We need time to prepare import and export documents and to contact the airline and customs. The airline needs to reserve a pet cargo/oversized baggage space for your pet. In addition, some countries such as Australia, Singapore, and Taiwan require at least several months of advance notice. These countries have their own quarantine policies. We need to make appointments and contact the customs import department to take further measures, such as reserving a quarantine compartment and customs inspection.
There is no pet passport available in Hong Kong or China. A pet passport is only applicable for cats and dogs coming from the US, the UK, and EU countries, which allows them to travel from the UK to other EU countries. Other requirements may apply to certain countries/regions.
In Hong Kong or China, we will have a pet health certificate instead of a pet passport for import and export purposes. The pet health certificate is filled and signed by an official or authorized veterinarian and then countersigned by the competent authority. It is valid for a certain number of days from the date of issuance by the official veterinarian until the date of document and identity check upon the traveler’s arrival at the port of entry. The health certificate should contain the pet’s name, microchip number, pet identity, and vaccination records. For more information, please consult our professional team.
In addition to vaccination preparation and export documentation, your pet may also require an import permit to enter certain countries/regions. Some countries require pet immigration companies to prepare these import documents. If you need this service, you can contact our professional team.
The airline company will require the original health certificate from a veterinarian, your pet’s vaccination records, a declaration letter from the live animal shipper, and the air waybill for the cargo. When importing or exporting from Hong Kong, you may also need a certification from the airline company (Captain’s Declaration). At Pet Travel, we can assist you in preparing all these documents and liaise with the airline company and relevant immigration departments before you and your pet travel.
Of course, may move your pet by yourself to save money, but the process are complicated and intractable. If you are moving to another country and not familiar with its pet import policies, you may end up causing your unnecessary stress and suffering. By one mistake on documents, you may end up paying more than you originally anticipated.
By using our pet relocation services, you may expect no worries and stress for starting your trip with your beloved pet. We take care of all the paperwork, and we understand all aspects of it better than anyone else as we are the pet relocation specialist. We treat every movement with care and consideration, just like our own pet, and welcome every challenge with a smile.